Updated SEPTEMBER 1, 2020
Mt. Calvary & Gethsemani Catholic Funeral Services and the Archdiocese of Portland are making every effort to stay compliant with the State of Oregon guidelines for office cleaning and public gathering protocols.
Below are the current protocols we have implemented to keep our employees and the general public safe:
1. Every effort will be made to assist families remotely. On site arrangements are by appointment only and are limited to a maximum of two (2) people; one being the legal next of kin and the other an immediate family member. Our cemetery offices and the Indoor Mausoleum are closed to the general public. Staff is monitoring voicemails and returning calls accordingly.
2. A maximum of eighteen (18) family members may attend cemetery services. All attendees must wear face masks and maintain physical distancing while on cemetery grounds. A family representative (typically the Nearest of Kin) must provide the cemetery with a list of names and phone numbers of those attending the service at least 24 hours in advance. This will allow us to contact people in the event of a potential exposure to COVID-19. Only people on the list provided to us may attend the service.
3. Cemeteries and Funeral Home staff will enforce the 6’ (six feet) social distancing rule for any gatherings when staff is present.
Currently, all interments require a 48 working hour notice.
Gethsemani Funeral Home
1. Our funeral home will continue to be on call for you and your family 24/7.
2. Viewings, Visitations and all manner of Funeral and Memorial Services will be private, and limited in attendance with a maximum of twenty three (23) or less, dependent on the facility. This includes necessary funeral home staff, clergy and immediate family members.
3. No service or viewing times will be publicized.
Please keep in mind that these protocols are subject to review and change without notice.