Updated APRIL 1, 2021
Mt. Calvary & Gethsemani Catholic Funeral Services and the Archdiocese of Portland are making every effort to stay compliant with the CDC and the State of Oregon guidelines for office cleaning and public gathering protocols.
Below are the current protocols we have implemented to keep our employees and the general public safe:
Mt. Calvary & Gethsemani Catholic Cemeteries
1. Every effort will be made to assist families remotely. On site arrangements are by appointment only and are limited to a maximum of two (2) people; one being the legal next of kin and the other an immediate family member. Our cemetery offices and the Indoor Mausoleum are closed to the general public. Staff is monitoring voicemails and returning calls accordingly.
2. A maximum of fifty (50) family members & friends (this includes infants and children) may attend cemetery services. All attendees, ages 5 and up, must wear face masks; and maintain physical distancing while on cemetery grounds.
3. Cemetery staff will enforce the 6’ (six feet) social distancing rule for any gatherings when staff is present.
Currently, all interments require a minimum 48 working hour notice.
Gethsemani Funeral Home
1. Our funeral home will continue to be on call for you and your family 24/7.
2. Viewings, Visitations and all manner of Funeral and Memorial Services will be private, and limited in attendance with a maximum of fifty (50) or less, dependent on the facility. This includes necessary funeral home staff, clergy and immediate family members.
3. No service or viewing times will be publicized.
4. Funeral Home staff will enforce the 6’ (six feet) social distancing rule for any gatherings when staff is present.
Please keep in mind that these protocols are subject to review and change without notice.