Updated MAY 25, 2020
Mt. Calvary & Gethsemani Catholic Funeral Services and the Archdiocese of Portland are making every effort to stay compliant with the WHO, the CDC and the State of Oregon guidelines for office cleaning and public gathering protocols.
Below are the current protocols we have implemented to keep our employees and the general public safe:
1. Every effort will be made to assist families remotely. On site arrangements are by appointment only and are limited to a maximum of two (2) people; one being the legal next of kin and the other an immediate family member. Our cemetery offices and the Indoor Mausoleum are closed to the general public. Staff is monitoring voicemails and returning calls accordingly.
2. Until further notice, committal services and interments (burials or urn placements), will be limited to cemetery and/or funeral home staff only. Once the interment has been completed, our staff will contact the Next of Kin to the deceased. Currently, Saturday interments are not available.
3. Travel restrictions under paragraph 22 of the Governors Executive Order 20-12 could be interpreted to limit travel to the cemetery or funeral home for funeral services or visitation. Our website will be updated accordingly, when and if the appropriate state agencies provide clarification. For the time being, our grounds remain open for visitation with PRECAUTIONS.
4. Cemeteries and Funeral Home staff will enforce the 6’ (six feet) social distancing rule for any gatherings when staff is present.
5. Genealogy research will be limited to our FIND A LOVED ONE tab above.
6. Vendors, couriers & florists are asked to drop off delivery items at the door to the extent possible.
Gethsemani Funeral Home
1. Our funeral home will continue to be on call for you and your family 24/7.
2. Viewings, Visitations and all manner of Funeral and Memorial Services will be private, and limited in attendance to a maximum of 10 (ten) people, including necessary funeral home staff, clergy and immediate family members.
3. No service or viewing times will be publicized.
Please keep in mind that these protocols are subject to review and change without notice.